Do you wish you could prepare delicious dishes quickly and healthily? Discover our wide range of air fryers and join the healthy cooking revolution. Follow healthy habits with the best air fryer!
What is an air fryer?
The air fryer is still uncommon in most kitchens, but it is gradually becoming popular. The airfryer is an amped-up kitchen appliance that circulates hot air and a little oil by convection around food to cook it. The top of this unit comprises a heating mechanism and a fan from where hot air rushes down onto the food placed in a fryer-style surface. Moreover, most fryers come in a capacity of 2-6 liters.
Try the fantastic alternative of deep frying for tastier food. Buy the best air fryer to transform your culinary experience.
Which are some of the foods I can cook with an airfryer?
- Frozen French fries
- Chicken nuggets
- Crispy chickpeas
- Whole chicken
- Chicken wings
- Quick doughnuts
- Toasted nuts
- Brownies and bagels
- Roasted garlic
Features of an air fryer
- Pre-programmed settings.
- Adjustable cook time (15-60 minutes).
- Adjustable heat.
- Pre-set timer with auto-off function.
- An automatic light - To notify when your desired temperature is reached.
- Buzzing timer - Alerts you when cook time is up.
- Removable basket and fan.
- Grill pan insert - perforated for airflow.
- Cooking tray.
- Recipe book.
Benefits of an air fryer
- Temperatures increases quickly heating the air around, and the food is evenly cooked.
- You save up to 70% cooking oil because the unit uses hydrogenated oil.
- Less oily food is healthier. For example, frozen French fries contain 4-6 g of fat, unlike the deep-fried option that contains 17 g.
- Safe and neat cooking with no oil spills.
- Automatic shut off.
- The unit is dishwasher-safe thus easy to clean.
- The airfryer has a cooling system to cool it fast, and an exhaust system to eliminate any smell.
- It is suitable for individuals who have a tight work schedule with less cooking time.
- An air fryer is an ideal cooking device for individuals under a restricted healthy diet or those pursuing weight loss.
- An airfryer is designed for multiuse; it can fry, grill, broil, boil, roast, and bake.
- Airfryers are energy-efficient than ovens, so they save on energy costs.
Factors to consider before buying an air fryer
- Technology - Digital air fryers are more efficient than analog counterparts. Modern touchscreen air fryers are preferred than the ones with old-fashioned knobs if you are pro-tech. However, this doesn't discredit the knob-operated varieties because they don't have less features.
- Capacity - Typical air fryers hold 1.8 to 2.5 pounds. To determine the unit to buy, consider the type and quantity of food you want to cook every day. For a single person, 0.5 lb suffices. 1 lb is for two people, whereas a family of 3-6 people requires a 2-3 lbs unit.
- Wattage - Standard airfryers require 800-1400 watts. Make sure that your kitchen power outlet supports your choice aifryer.
- Settings - It is necessary to research on different brands and models of air fryers on temperature settings, and make a better decision. Most fryers reach 360°. Consider the food you often cook.
- Additional features - If you have a lot to cook every day, look for an airfryer that is designed to cook two separate foods at once. Buy a fryer that meet your cooking needs from hot appetizers to desserts, and main cuisines. The great-to-have features for the best air fryer include models with touchscreens, 3 to 5-pound basket, pre=programmed settings, and grill pan & rack.
- Brand and price - Authoritative brands such as Philips have top-notch products. Also, your budget determines the airfryer you will buy.