Granola is a perfect option for both breakfasts and snacks. By making it at home, we control the ingredients, so we will have a healthy and highly nutritious product. Oats and other cereals are used as the main ingredient, ensuring that they are sugar-free. In addition, nuts are added to taste. In this case, we are going to make a granola based on cereals, hazelnuts and dark chocolate. Just a few ingredients that result in a granola that is ideal for lovers.
- 100 g oat flakes
- 50 g sugar-free puffed cereals
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 80 g chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons water
Step by step preparation
- Put the 100 g of rolled oats and the 50 g of unsweetened puffed cereals in a bowl.
- Chop the 100 g hazelnuts and mix with the cereals.
- In another bowl, put 30 g honey, 20 g olive oil and 60 g water and mix.
- Pour the liquids over the cereals and, using one hand, squeeze a little to compact the ingredients and form lumps.
- Take the pan out of the fryer and put the granola in the basket (you can put some vegetable paper on the bottom so that the oat flakes do not get stuck). Put the frying pan in the fryer and cook at 150ºC for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from time to time and stir the contents to ensure even browning. If it is not golden brown, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once the granola is ready and still warm, place it on a tray and add the 80 g of chocolate chips. Stir to melt the chocolate.
- Wait for it to cool completely and store in an airtight jar.