Cold brew refers to a method of preparing coffee, in which the essence is not extracted by pressure or heat, but through a long cold brew in the refrigerator. In this way, not only do we get a perfect coffee to drink cold and long, but also, as it is not heated at any time, we discover new flavours and nuances in it. In today’s recipe we serve it cold, sweetened with the milky touch of toffee cream and accompanied by whipped cream (it will be left over, it can be used to accompany some pancakes at breakfast).
- 250 ml mineral water
- Ground coffee to taste (1 tablespoon is mild, 2 tablespoons is strong)
- 4 tablespoons of toffee sauce (60 g)
- 200 ml whipping cream (very cold, about 34% fat)
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar (45 g)
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
Step by step preparation
- The day before, put the coffee and water in a piston coffee machine or glass jar. Cover and leave in the fridge for between 8 and 16 hours. After this time, press the plunger on the coffee machine or pour the coffee from the jar through a coffee machine filter.
- Put the cream in the freezer 30 minutes before brewing. If it is too hot, put the glass of the Chefbot in the fridge too. Put the whisk accessory in the Chefbot, add the cream and set to speed 3, no time.
- Check the cream constantly, add the 45 g of icing sugar through the steam outlet cap when it starts to be whipped and turn off the Chefbot as soon as it is completely whipped, with a mousse-like texture which does not fall out even if the glass is tilted. Transfer the cream to a bowl with the help of the spatula, cover it with kitchen film and set it aside in the fridge.
- Wash the glass of the Chefbot and put the blade accessory. Add the cold coffee. Wet the rim of the glasses where you are going to serve it with toffee sauce and add the rest to the Chefbot’s glass. Set 1 minute at speed 8 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and check whether the toffee has been melted (depending on how thick it is it may take longer to melt in the cold coffee). If not, repeat 30 second cycles at speed 8. Serve with ice and whipped cream if desired.