Aubergine is another of the vegetables that, together with courgette, we have been able to enjoy all year round for some time now. It is very tasty and has a versatility that allows it to be prepared in different ways. Here we present one of them, I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 large aubergine (approx. 350 g)
- 120 g ground almond or almond flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cold water
- Flake salt
- Raw honey
Step by step preparation
- Cut the aubergine into sticks. Fill a bowl with water and salt and soak the aubergine for 10 minutes to remove the bitterness.
- After this time, discard the water (it will be brown). Refill the bowl with water and soak the aubergine sticks for 2 minutes.
- After this time, add the ground almond on a plate and coat each stick.
- When all the aubergine sticks have been battered, place them in the fryer and spray extra virgin olive oil on top. Cook for 7 minutes at 200ºC.
- Melt the raw honey in the microwave for 30 seconds to soak the aubergine.