Focaccia is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine, it is a kind of flatter, spongier bread with spices, oil and salt. It is between bread and pizza, but unlike pizza, focaccia does not usually have tomato sauce. This focaccia is perfect as an accompaniment to any dish or can also be used to make sandwiches as Italians traditionally do.
For the focaccia dough
- 240 ml water at room temperature
- 9 g bread yeast
- 400 g strong flour
- 6 g salt
- 6 g brown or panela sugar
- 13 ml olive oil
For focaccia toppings
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 5 black olives
- 3 green olives
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Step by step preparation
- In a glass, mix the water with the bread yeast, leave it to activate for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the Chefbot and place the blade accessory, add the strong flour, the water and bread yeast mixture, the salt, the sugar and 11 ml of olive oil.
- Close the Chefbot and knead for 2 minutes at speed 1.
- In a medium sized bowl, spread 2 ml, which is equivalent to a spoonful, of olive oil, and place the focaccia dough in the bowl, cover it with a cloth and leave it in a warm area for at least an hour and a half so that the dough doubles in size.
- After the dough has grown, preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- On a baking tray sprinkle some flour, give the focaccia an oval shape and press the top with a roller to make it flatter.
- With your fingers press on the dough to make holes and add the ingredients you will use as toppings, cherry tomatoes, olives, a spoonful of olive oil on the focaccia and sprinkle rosemary, oregano and salt.
- Bake at 170ºC for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool and serve warm, it can be kept in the fridge and heated in the oven to serve.