If you are familiar with hasselback potatoes, you will know that this is a way of baking potatoes in the oven. These potatoes are baked whole but with deep cuts all over the surface so that different ingredients can be placed between the potato slices, such as spices, garlic, cheese… Based on this idea, we have come up with this delicious recipe. This hasselback chicken breast is stuffed with spinach and different types of cheese, making it really juicy. The grilled cheese flavour is also spectacular, so don’t hesitate to try it, because it’s so easy that you’ll love it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 1 g cream cheese
- 100 g grated cheese mixture
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Step by step preparation
- Put the 100 g of chopped spinach in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the water well and place in a bowl.
- Add 120 g cream cheese, 100 g grated cheese and a pinch of nutmeg to the spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Take the breasts and cut them 1 cm wide and 1 cm apart. The cuts should be deep but should not go to the bottom.
- Stuff the cuts in the breasts with the cheese and spinach mixture.
- Spray the stuffed breasts with olive oil spray or brush with a brush.
- Remove the pan from the fryer air, place a breast in the basket and return the pan to the fryer air. Cook for 15 minutes at 200ºC.
- After this time, remove the breast and check that it is well cooked. If necessary, program 5 more minutes of cooking time.
- Repeat the operation with the other stuffed breast.