The brioche is a typical French sweet bread made with eggs, butter and patience in the rising times. In this brioche recipe, the butter is replaced by mascarpone cheese which provides the fat needed for this type of sweet dough. Don’t think that this sweet bread is complicated to make, it only needs a little bit of raising time that will depend a little bit on the humidity of the area where you live. It’s a dough so grateful that with little work you will have a luxury, soft, juicy and with a spectacular taste.
- 120 g of warm milk
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 20 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 520 g of strong flour
- 5 g salt
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
- Rolled almonds for decoration (optional)
Step by step preparation
- Preheat the oven to 170º C with heat up and down.
- Open the Chefbot, place the blade accessory and add the 100 g of white sugar. Program 30 seconds at speed 6.
- Remove the blade accessory and attach the whisk accessory. Add the 120 g of milk, the 20 g of fresh yeast and the egg. Program 2 minutes at 37°C and speed 3.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and program 1 minute at speed 3.
- Open the Chefbot and add the 520 g of strong flour and the 8 g of salt. Program 4 minutes at speed 1.
- Remove the whisk accessory. Leave the dough inside the Chefbot, covered with a cloth, until it doubles in volume.
- Once the volume has doubled, degas slightly with your hands for a few seconds. Make a roll with the dough and place it in a 1.8 L rectangular mould.
- Brush the brioche dough with the beaten egg and add the flaked almonds.
- Bake at 170°C for 35 or 40 minutes.