A satiating, refreshing shake with all the healthy fats and creaminess provided by avocado. If the melon is not very sweet and you do not want to add sugar or honey, add more lemon or a dash of vinegar, salt and pepper and you will have a cold soup, perfect as a starter or part of a light dinner.
- ½ ripe toad skin melon (a little more if not too big, about 500 g, skinless, in total)
- 1 ripe avocado (about 200 g)
- 8 basil leaves (and 4 more for decoration)
- A little honey (to rectify if the melon is not sweet)
- One spoonful of lemon juice (15 ml, or to taste)
- 200 ml of ice water
- 8 ice cubes
Step by step preparation
- Peel the melon, remove the seeds and cut it into medium-sized pieces. Peel the avocado and remove the stone.
- Place the blade accessory in the Chefbot glass and add the melon, the avocado pulp, the 8 basil leaves (reserve another 4 for decoration), the lemon juice, the water and the ice. Program 1 minute at speed 9 and close.
- Open the Chefbot’s glass, taste and, if necessary, add a little honey. Set 1 minute at speed 9 and close. Serve immediately, garnished with a basil leaf, or keep in the fridge until serving time to keep it very cold.