Hummus is one of the original recipes of the Eastern Mediterranean culture. Today it is famous worldwide. It is ideal as a starter or snack. It is usually accompanied by a delicious pita bread. It includes some variants like this one of homemade roasted red peppers.
- 600 gr Chickpeas
- 90 ml Aove
- 100 ml of water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30 gr of tahini
- 4 gr of paprika
- 8 gr of cumin
- 10 gr of salt
- 30 gr of roasted sesame
- Juice of half a lemon
- 40 gr coriander
Step by step preparation
- Put the blade accessory in the glass.
- Introduce the chickpeas, the eggplant, half the water, garlic, tahini, sesame, salt, paprika and cumin. Set aside some for decoration.
- Program 2 minutes at speed 10 and close the glass.
- Open and push with the spatula the remains stuck to the walls.
- Add the peppers, the lemon juice and the rest of the water. Rectify the salt.
- Program 2 minutes at speed 8 and close the glass.
- Open the Chefbot to check the texture of the hummus. It must be thick and smooth.
- If you think it is a little too thick, program 30 seconds at speed 10 until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Arrange the hummus on a wide, low plate. Use the spatula to make grooves, which you will cover with a thread of raw oil.
- Add some chickpeas to decorate, chopped red pepper and chopped coriander or parsley.
- Serve not too cold.