The simplicity of this recipe and its extraordinary taste have made hummus a universal meal, being nowadays, essential in our gastronomy. On this occasion I wanted to give it a special touch with ricotta cheese, dried tomatoes and basil. We could perfectly call it “hummus capresse”.
- 180 g cooked chickpeas
- 30 g of spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 g dried tomatoes
- 10 g tahini
- 5 large basil leaves
- 30 ml of virgin olive oil
- Ground cumin
- 200 g ricotta cheese
Step by step preparation
- Place the blade accessory in the Chefbot’s glass. Add all the ingredients except the ricotta cheese. Program 1 minute at speed 10 and close the glass.
- Open the lid and push down with the spatula whatever is stuck to the walls. Taste and rectify the salt if necessary.
- Add the ricotta cheese. Set at speed 10 for 1 minute and close the glass. Open the lid and check that it has a silky texture.
- Place in a bowl and cover with film. Keep in the fridge until serving time.
- At the moment of plating, decorate with basil leaves, feta cheese and paprika flakes. Finish by sprinkling a little olive oil to give it shine and flavour.