Just because it’s vegan doesn’t mean that this baked vegetable pâté isn’t a taste bomb, which we can use from as a pasta sauce to a potato salad dressing, if we lengthen it with a little oil. If we want to prepare a version without an oven, we can roast the carrots and courgettes on a griddle or in a pan, dispense with the onion and change the pepper for canned peppers.
- 1 medium courgette (about 200 g)
- 1 medium red pepper (about 300 g)
- 2 medium sized carrots (about 140 g)
- 1 medium onion (about 150 g)
- 8 sundried tomato halves in oil
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (75 ml)
- 1 level teaspoon of miso (about 4 g, or to taste)
- 1 level teaspoon of honey (about 6 g, or to taste)
- Thyme to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Crudités and bread sticks to accompany
Step by step preparation
- Turn on the oven at 220 °C. Put the vegetables, well washed but with skin, on one of their trays, water them with two tablespoons (30 ml) of oil and add a little dried thyme.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After this time, turn the vegetables over and bake for another 20 minutes. After this time, the carrots and courgettes will probably be ready, the pepper and onion usually need a little more baking: check them more often until they are ready.
- Take the last vegetables out of the oven and let them warm up until we can handle them without burning ourselves. At that point, peel the onion and carrot and peel and remove the pips from the pepper. Cut the onion into four pieces.
- Put the blade accessory in the Chefbot’s glass. Add the roasted vegetables, the 8 chopped tomato halves, the teaspoon of miso (4 g) and the teaspoon of honey (4 g) and the remaining 45 ml of oil, plus pepper to taste. Set for 30 seconds at speed 8 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and push down with the spatula what may have stuck to the walls. Taste the pâté and, if necessary, adjust the seasoning. Program 20 seconds at speed 8 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and check that the pâté has the desired texture. If you want to make it thinner, cycle for more than 20 seconds at speed 8. Serve with crudités and bread sticks to accompany it.