They are good all year round and, if they are homemade, even better. This rum and sultana ice cream is a version of the delicious “Malaga” ice cream that is so famous in this Andalusian city. The Malaga sultanas give it an extraordinary sweet taste.
- 600 ml whipping cream 35% fat
- 40 gr condensed milk
- 40 gr sultanas Malaga
- 100 ml rum
Step by step preparation
- Put your cream to cool in the freezer in advance (30 minutes). If the weather is hot, you can also put your Chefbot glass in it.
- Place the whisk accessory in the Chefbot. Pour in the cooled cream and set it to speed 3. Close the lid.
- Constantly watch its texture until it reaches the desired texture, like a mousse, which does not fall out, even if you tilt the glass. Be careful not to make butter.
- Without removing the whisk accessory, add the condensed milk and program 40 seconds at speed 3.
- Also, mix with the spatula with encircling movements.
- Add your sultanas, which you will have soaked in rum for a couple of hours.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the previous mixture.
- Take the whole thing to a glass or metal container.
- Keep in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Take it out a few minutes before and accompany the ice cream with a wafer or biscuit.