This recipe is a classic for Christmas as well as for any other celebration, but when you see how easy and cheap it is and how delicious it is, you will surely be encouraged to prepare it more often. You can substitute cognac for any other liquor you have at home, such as rum, whisky or even port wine.
- 50 g rice
- 1 kg Shrimps
- 1 l water 1 litre
- 250 g carrot 2
- 150 g onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 g crushed canned tomatoes
- 50 g olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 100 ml cognac
- 50 g cooking cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
Step by step preparation
- Put the blade accessory in the Chefbot’s glass and insert the rice. Program 30 seconds at speed 10 and close.
- Open the Chefbot, remove the rice and set aside.
- Peel the prawns and set aside the bodies.
- Remove the blade accessory from the Chefbot and place the stir paddle accessory in the cup. Add 1 litre of water, the shells and the shrimp heads and programme 14 minutes at 100°C, speed 1 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and, taking care not to burn yourself, strain the fumet, discarding the shrimp heads and shells, and set aside.
- Wash the glass of the Chefbot and insert the blade accessory.
- Add the carrot, onion and garlic and set at speed 7 for 30 seconds and close.
- Open the Chefbot and, using the spatula, remove any leftovers from the walls.
- Replace the blade accessory with the stir paddle accessory, add the crushed tomato, oil and butter, set for 7 minutes at 120°C, speed 1 and close.
- Add the cognac and program 2 minutes at 120°C, speed 1, leaving the steam outlet cap open so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Open the Chefbot, add the rice that you have reserved and programme 6 minutes at 100°C, speed 1 and close.
- Add the reserved fumet, cream and salt and programme 11 minutes at 100°C, speed 1.
- Open the Chefbot, remove the stir paddle accessory, insert the blade accessory, set 1 minute at speed 10 and close.
- Open the Chefbot, add the shrimp bodies and leave to stand for 2 minutes in the glass, so that they cook with the heat of the cream.
- Use the spatula to transfer the cream to the bowls or plates where it is to be served.