The quesadilla is a Mexican recipe consisting of a corn or wheat tortilla stuffed and then toasted with cheese. This recipe is a nod to Greece, with the addition of tasty feta cheese, which gives it a spectacular touch. If you’re a spicy lover, feel free to add a chopped cayenne to the spinach filling!
Products to prepare it with
- 50 g onion
- 20 ml Aove
- 150 g spinach
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 100 g feta cheese
- 100 g grated cheese
- 4 quesadilla tortillas
Step by step preparation
- hop the onion and add to a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion until it is poached.
- Add the finely chopped spinach and sauté until reduced in size and cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove.
- Crumble the feta cheese with a fork and add to the cooked spinach.
- Plug in the sandwich maker with the grill bakeware.
- When hot, place a quesadilla tortilla, spread some of the spinach filling and top with grated cheese to taste. Fold the quesadilla in half.
- Close the sandwich maker and insert the handle. After 3-5 minutes, the light will be off to indicate that the sandwich maker has been heated to the proper cooking temperature and you can carefully remove the quesadilla and repeat the operation. If you want them more golden brown, you can leave them longer!