Would you like to enjoy a sweet, homemade and healthy treat? These fun vegan jelly beans will surprise you. They are made with natural fruit, so they are much healthier than commercial options. They will remind you of fruit jelly desserts, but with a more intense and real taste. Instead of gelatine, we will use agar agar, which is a natural gelling agent. You can replace the berries with other fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple… If you want to give them a more authentic touch, you can use silicone moulds for gummy bears!
- 100 g strawberries (can be frozen)
- 240 g apple juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 a nd a half tablespoons Agar Agar
Step by step preparation
- Place the blade accessory, add the strawberries cut in half and set 15 seconds on speed 5 to mash them a little.
- Add the agave syrup and water or apple juice to the glass. Close and program 30 seconds on speed 10.
- Add the agar agar to the mixture. Program 5 minutes at 100ºC and speed 1. The liquid should come to the boil so that the agar agar can gelatinise.
- After the time has elapsed, leave to cool with the lid open for a few minutes and then pour the liquid into silicone moulds. Ice moulds can also be used.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for at least 45 minutes before removing them.