Improve the air quality of any room with the new range of dehumidifiers. They are compact and silent! You only need the best dehumidifier to create a more pleasant and healthy environment in a natural way.
What is a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is an electric appliance which eliminates moisture from the air in a particular room or vicinity. It reduces and controls the level of humidity by drying wet air through cooling, like in air conditioning or refrigeration. High humidity is harmful because it makes clothes mouldy and causes rusting of metallic gadgetry such as computers. Excess moisture provides a conducive environment for the flourishing of fungi, bacteria, and mites. Allergens such as mould, dust mite and mildew thrive in humid environments. Moisture builds up in small enclosures with limited ventilation such as kitchen, bathroom, and a laundry room in an apartment. Dehumidifiers for sale are made for household, industrial and commercial purposes.
Indicators that you need a dehumidifier
A dehumidifier is a crucial gadget you need to have at your residence. The following tips will guide you to identify the necessity:
- Allergic reactions including sneezing, wheezing, stuffy nose, skin rashes, itchy & watery eyes, irritation, and difficulty in breathing
- Must or mildew odours
- Mould spores (small black spots) on walls in showers and bathtubs
- Water stains on walls and ceilings
- Visible condensation on windows
Benefits of a dehumidifier
- A dehumidifier reduces the growth of mould on furniture, clothing, bedding, and curtains
- Dehumidifiers cut down on humidity levels inhibiting the growth of dust mites, mildew, mould, and other allergy triggers
- To avert allergic hazards and solve challenges such as difficulty breathing, sneezing and skin irritation
- Dehumidification eliminates the foul musty smell
- Dehumidifiers reduce dust so you will clean your house less often
- Dehumidification prevents corrosion of electronics, tools, appliances, and other metallic accessories
- Regulating humidity ensures that cereals and snacks remain fresh longer, and clothes dry faster with less humidity
- Dehumidifiers reduce energy costs because your air conditioner will do less work.
Features to consider for the best dehumidifier
- Automatic humidistat: the best dehumidifier has an auto setting. As such, you can monitor moisture levels and control the humidity level you select without turning on and off repeatedly.
- Additional drain facility: buy a dehumidifier that allows connection of a hose to flush the eliminated water into a low-level drain. However, you have to obtain a hose separately. The outlet prevents overflow and saves you the trouble of emptying the tank manually.
- Timer: It enables you to schedule your device to turn itself on and/or off at specified times; hence, you can save on the cost of energy.
- Integrated cord storage: A cord saves space when you are not using the appliance and removes the risk of tripping over an otherwise sprawling cable.
- Laundry setting: Check for those dehumidifiers for sale which provide you with the best alternative for hanging wet clothes when it's exceptionally chilly. Cold weather could be a challenge, especially if you have no balcony or garden to put up a clothesline. Dehumidifiers leave clothes softer than tumble dryers.
- Capacity: This refers to the number of litres dehumidifiers can extract in a day. You can determine the best dehumidifier depending on the size of the space where you will use it. The larger the volume, the larger the capacity.
- Wheels: Castors are optional, but you may find them useful if you buy a heavy dehumidifier.
Types of dehumidifiers
Humidifiers are mainly classified as either Refrigerant Dehumidifiers or Desiccant Dehumidifiers, and they employ different technology.
- Refrigerant dehumidifiers are generally effective in a hot room and work by creating a cold surface. Warm damp air drifts on the frozen surface and condensation takes place then water drips into the tank of the device. In very low temperatures, the coils can freeze becoming ineffective. Therefore, it's essential to get one of the dehumidifiers that work well even in lower temperatures.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers have absorbent material that extracts water from the air. They have water condenser into which the moisture drips and an internal heater that regenerates the system. These dehumidifiers are ideal for temperatures below 15°C.
Discover our Black Friday dehumidifiers sale and benefit from the best prices on your favourite products.